Monday, June 13, 2011

Mascaras, Worth the Price?

Mascara is one of my deserted island must haves.  I rarely leave the house without at least one coat and a touch of concealer.  I think that it makes all the difference in the world and without it, I feel totally undone.  Although I love cosmetics and find myself spending pretty pennies on fun, new products, I have a very hard time paying top department store prices for mascara. Is it worth the price?  After tubes and tubes of the stuff my answer is, sometimes.  Here are a list of my favorite drug store brands, that rivel most high end ones and a few that I think are not only worth the price, but are a must in my ever evolving kit.

$ Covergirl LashBlast Fusion Mascara- Love the volumizing and legthening power of this mascara.  The brush is oversized and a bit clunky, maybe not the best if you have small eyes.  Don't bother with any color other than Very Black.

$ L'Oréal Paris True Match Naturale Mascara- A true natural look.  Doesn't clump or give you a scary spider look but does lengthen and volumize nicely. 

$ L'Oréal Paris Double Extend Waterproff Mascara- Best of the waterproof ( I would say water resistent) products that has a two step application with a base that creates volumized, all day wear amazing lashes.

$ Rimmel London Extra Super Lash Mascara- An inexpensive mascara that challenges any Dior mascara for depth of pigmentation and ability to layer for a dramatic and flirty look.

$$ Blinc Mascara (formally known as "Kiss Me")- the original mascara invented to form tiny water-resistant "tubes" around your lashes. The tubes bind to your lashes and cannot run, smudge, clump, or flake, even if you cry or rub your eyes. Easily removed with light pressure of your fingers or a wash cloth and warm water.  Worth every penny.  I picked it up at Sephora.

$$ Make Up For Ever Smoky Lash Mascara- My favorite new mascara that has pigment like none other.  The color is the blackest of black and delivers extreme volume.  Not for the natural girl look.

Play around, find what you like for the right occasion and wear MASCARA!

Be lovely
xoxo
Suzanne

No comments:

Post a Comment