Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Inspiring Women- Carmindy

I had the wonderful privilege of spending some one-on-one time with makeup artist, author and beauty expert of TLC's What Not to Wear this past Saturday morning.  She is a true beauty, both inside and out, who has dedicated her talents to make the everyday women feel beautiful.  The time I spent with her not only broadened my artistic ambitions but also left me with a profound appreciation for Carmindy's warmth, sincerity and style. 
Here are a few tips I learned and wanted to share with you all.....


- Find something about yourself that you love and play it up.  For me, it's my once hated big brown eyes.  She showed me how to showcase them without looking overdone or unnatural.

- Foundation, applied with a non-latex sponge, before concealer.  If you pile on the concealer and then follow it up with foundation, you are bound to wipe off all that coverage.  You want to start your makeup application, achieving a beautiful canvas, with foundation and then just spot concealing where necessary. Who wants to look like a scared raccoon.  I love Carmindy's Fast Fix Concealer, All Over Brightener.  It can be used in lieu of concealer and gives a wonderful brightness and glow, an instant pick me up.

-A step that will not only make you glow, but will give the appearance of luminating from within is the Carmindy highlighting trick, also known as "Carmendizing."  Simply take a nice shimmering highlighter and apply in three places, on top of the cheekbone, underneath the eyebrow and on the inside corner of the eyes, framing the tear ducts. She used the highlighter  in the Instant Definition Eye Shadow Palette in Quartz to illuminate and wake up my tired Saturday complexion. 

-To give your lips a kissable pout, highlight the outside of you lips with a highlighting lip pencil or use the same shimmering highlighter from you instant definition eye shadow palette to frame the cupid's bow. Use a shimmer gloss in the center of your bottom and top lip, over a creamy lipstick to get that glow without gooping.



It was really a true pleasure to spend my Saturday morning with Carmindy and I wish her all of the success and beauty in the world.  She is sunshine....

Be lovely
xoxo
Suzanne

No comments:

Post a Comment